So I haven’t been able to post in a while but not to worry the #contentqueen has been working hard and taking insight from nail techs from across the globe.
The foundation of the education is important. I find that a lot of my clients are not educated well enough on the range of services a nail tech can offer them.
Below, I’ve listed a variety of options available:
- Manicure: a basic manicure consist of filing, buffing and shaping nails. Cutting the cuticles is an option that should always be discussed. There are two types: Wet and Dry.
- Pedicure: Same as manicure but performed on feet.
- Polish: there are so many options for natural nails. Regular polish is the traditional polish that removes easily. Gel Polish is cured under a UV lamp.
- Acrylic Overlay: is the liquid and powder combination that turns into a durable layer to protect nails. Regular polish or Gel Polish can be used over finished acrylic. Colored acrylic is an option.
- Liquid Gel Overlay: also known as hard gel overlay, comes in a gel form. It is thicker than gel polish and becomes a durable overlay. Must be cured under UV lamp to harden. Can be polished and colored gel is an option.
- Nail Wraps: usually made of silk or fiber glass, comes in strips that easily adjust to nails size. Wraps are used in combination with resin glue to harden and provide thin layer of protection and can be used with any polish.
- Dipping Powder: comes in powdered form. Used together with bonder, liquid resin and top seal, this product creates a thin overlay leaving nails ready for polish.
- Polygel Overlay: this is a gel and liquid duo. Another option that can provide protection over the natural nail.
I tried to keep it short and to the point. Keep in mind that not all nail techs and salons provide all of the services mentioned above. Ask around in your city and find a tech that specializes in the nail services you prefer.
Thank you for reading!
please like, comment & share!
Twitter & IG: @NailMua 💋💅🏿